Why EmWool is actually the worst place to live

Someone set off the fire alarm trying to fry avocados at 2am

Not too long ago, there was a post here about why EmWool is a good place to live on campus. On a good day, it can be a pretty decent place to live on campus. But the majority of the time… Not so much.

Living here means being greeted by the warm smell of sweat and weed as you walk up the stairs on a Sunday to Tuesday, while on Wednesday to Saturday you are living in a hot box. Now, I’m sure that sounds super fun to some people but I’m really out here trying to graduate with a degree in four years and not die from second hand smoke.

To top this off, living in EmWool means being woken up at 2am because someone on the first floor thought it would be a brilliant idea to fry avocados… Yes, someone was frying avocados at 2am and set off the fire alarm. Honestly, now is not the time to be test out your inner Rachael Ray or Nigella Lawson. Please.

So to all future first-years, when you get assigned EmWool and people tell you it’s not that bad, remember this post, and remember it really is that bad.

Brown University