Binghamton is officially one of the ugliest colleges in America

Come on guys, it’s really not that bad

According to the Princeton Review, Binghamton University has just had the misfortune of being ranked the 8th ugliest college campus in America. I’m sure this ranking has many of you bearcats in uproar mostly because being ranked top ten ugliest anything never feels good. Especially when we have the privilege of going to class in buildings such as the Engineering Building.

This beautiful lopsided building whose outside is just the right shade of dull, plain, overall just “meh” gray to fill you with joy before class is perfectly complimented by it’s maze-like hallways and classrooms that are organized by letters in no particular alphabetical order.

Rumor has it that a blueprint mixup lead to us getting this design while University of Buffalo has our original intended design

Furthermore, while Universities such as Harvard choose to adorn their libraries with Columns and chandeliers Binghamton decided to eschew these passé trends for something simpler. Just a plain orange brick upright tower and indoor facilities so simple they might just remind of your local library except without the vague aroma of urine. What’s not to love???

there’s no substitute for the simplicity of just an plain upright building

I’m sure Princeton Review didn’t even realize that BU campus has its own fair share of art adorning our buildings. The fine arts building has its plain geometrical orange bricked tone tastefully complimented by a sculpture hanging above the entrance, of what appears to be either a scorpion or a lizard horse or possibly both? Clearly a feat of luxury and class worthy of Manhattan’s upper east side.

I mean seriously is it a horse or like a lizard?

And if this slap across the face wasn’t enough Princeton Review even had the gall to rank the city of Binghamton 8th in “college city gets low marks” This ranking makes it clear that the people at Princeton Review have clearly never visited the city that stand up comedian John Mulaney once tastefully and accurately described as “America’s perfect little train town with a crystal meth problem” during his visit to Binghamton University.

For those of you however with more conventional tastes than my own I’m sure examples that come to mind to counter this ranking are our beautiful fountain outside the entrance of Bartle, the gorgeous view of the green trees that line the mountains that surround campus that one would typically associate with upstate New York, as well as frankly how beautiful the center of the brain looks in the middle of a sunny day.

SUNY Binghamton