A guide to O’Neill’s most popular study spots

Are you a booth or a cubicle kid?

Ever wish you knew the best study spots in O’Neill so you didn’t have to wander around all five floors searching for a good seat?

The Tab took to the crowded library in the middle of midterms week to see what the go-to study spots are in case you are tired of your usual one.

Colleen Hyland, Junior, History and Philosophy

“Fourth floor skylight room because I feel like I am in a spaceship.”

Carrson Baldwin, Freshman, Physics and Math

“First floor white board room… I sit wherever it is loud enough that I can open food packages.”

Shawn Nelson, Senior, Environmental Geoscience

“Fourth floor cubicles, it’s the only place that rocks can’t find me.”

John Robert Scordino (left), Junior, Political Science John Walsh (right), Junior, Theology and Accounting

“Reading room, the warm lighting is a welcome contrast to the cold process of accounting.”- John Walsh
“Reading room, the furniture invites the subtle feeling of romance into whatever subject you are working on.” – John Robert (also a member of Asinine comedy group if you couldn’t tell from his witty answer)

Maria Vetter, Junior, Management and Leadership

“Third floor Reading Room, I call it the hidden gem of O’Neill because it’s super quiet and the booths are comfy so I can lie down whenever I want.”

Julia Silverstein (left), Sophomore, Communications

Maria Veale (right), Freshman, Undeclared

“First floor booths next to the vending machines because we get really hungry so we sit near the food and we’re close to the printers… the coffee machine is also a plus.”

Casey McLaughlin, Junior, International Studies Major

“Third floor stacks because I talk way too much so I hide behind the books where nobody can find me.”

Tyler Santostefano, Senior, Finance

“Anywhere on the fourth floor, primarily because it’s less of a hike than the fifth floor and I like the old desks here (also the fifth floor is always freezing).”

Nick Giordano (left in stripes), Junior, Finance and Accounting
John Tsotsos (right), Junior, Biology Major

“Third floor printers… when someone I know is near the printers I’ll sit there, but when I actually need to get work done I head up to the 5th floor tables.” – Nick<

“Megatable near the printers because I can be productive when I want to be, but I can also just hangout with my friends and do absolutely no work.” – John

Boston College