Hockey star Alex Tuch tells us why BC is going to win everything this year

He’s literally from a town called Baldwinsville

Once hockey season begins, we don’t feel as bad about our football record.

The Tab sat down with sophomore Alex Tuch, the Eagles’ hockey right wing and center. In 2013, he trained with the US National Hockey Team.

The communication major from Baldwinsville (@Baldwin this is your guy), NY discusses Coach Jerry York and pregame rituals in a candid conversation with The Tab.

What do you love about BC hockey?

I love the culture and the winning tradition that we have here. It is great how high our expectations are every year.

What are the goals for the season? 

Beanpot win, National Championship win, regular season and post-season win (obviously).

What game are you most excited/nervous for? 

Definitely the BU game. I am also looking forward to the Beanpot and if we make it to the National Championship.

How are the new freshmen adjusting to the team?  

They are adjusting really well. They are all really comfortable and we knew a good amount of them coming in, which definitely helped a lot. This allowed for a lot of team cohesion coming into the season.

What is it like to play for Coach Jerry York? What kind of coach is he? 

It is a huge honor to play for Coach Jerry York. He is the best college coach ever in college hockey. He has the most wins and takes pride in the sport. He is super knowledgeable, but also has a goofy side. He has his own way of getting his points across and motivates his players.

Describe Jerry York in one word: Dedicated.

Alex Tuch with teammates

Do you have a pregame ritual?

We have a long extensive one we all go through, but personally I like to do a small workout to get my heart rate up.

What was it like to train with the US National Hockey Team in 2013. What did you get out of it? 

It was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. I matured both as a hockey player and a person.

Coolest place you’re traveled to for hockey?

I went to Switzerland junior year of high school. We stayed up in the Alps and it was unbelievable. We played in a rink that was half indoor, half in the Alps and we would drive down the mountain to play in a tournament.

Favorite women’s sport team?

Lacrosse.

Black or white backpack?

Definitely Black. It is more subtle.

Boston College