Everything you need to stop saying to Crimson Tide fans

‘What does Roll Tide even mean?’

Alabama fans are used to being the best. Unfortunately, haters are a naturally occurring by-product of being number one. Us Bama fans understand all the jealously, but there are some things that are infuriating to hear every year…

‘Alabama is overrated’

Year after year, week after week, Bama fans are always used to hearing “Alabama football is overrated.”

One of Derrick Henry's two first half touchdowns here at the #NationalChampionship game #RollTide

A photo posted by Alabama Football (@alabamafbl) on Jan 11, 2016 at 7:15pm PST

If you dare to call Bama overrated, be prepared to hear all the facts. 16 National Championships, two Heisman Trophy winners, 25 SEC Championships and a whole lot of program success.

What does one even say back to that?

‘When is Saban retiring?’

Alabama fans worship Nick Saban. His bronze statue stands next to former legendary Bama coaches on the Walk of Champions. The statue doesn’t do his exceptionally knowledgeable coaching career justice. Bama fans know at some point he is going to have to hang up his witty jokes at press conferences and put away his hidden secrets to making the process a success.

Coach Saban named No. 1 coach in the SEC over the last 10 years by @espncfb. #RollTide

A photo posted by Alabama Football (@alabamafbl) on May 26, 2016 at 12:05pm PDT

No Bama fan wants to imagine that day, so it is highly suggested it should never be brought up. When the time comes, it will come. As for right now, Bama fans will worship him until the very end.

Literally anything to do with a kick six

No, I do not want to talk about it. No, I do not want to watch it again.

Not only do Alabama fans hate to hear about the kick six play, but they also hate to see it on replay over and over. Mentioning this play to an Alabama fan is like nails scratching on a chalkboard.

My advice to you when having a conversation with a Bama fan is not to say anything like, “Remember that one time Auburn scored six points in the final play of the Iron Bowl and Bama lost?” I can promise you their look in response to that will not be a good one.

‘What does Roll Tide even mean?’

To be honest, if you have to ask, you don’t deserve to know. I simply do not think any Alabama fan can put into words what Roll Tide means. It is our hello. It is our goodbye. It is a “You failed that test? Me too. Roll Tide!”

It can’t be described to anyone who is not a true Bama fan.

‘Alabama’s dynasty is over’

In 2014, when Alabama lost in the first ever college football playoffs to Ohio State, the talk that filled the air from non-Alabama fans was, “Alabama’s dynasty is over.”

I regret to inform you that you spoke too soon, my friend. The dynasty is as strong as ever, maybe even stronger. After claiming their 16th National Championship in 2015, with Jalen Hurts playing the way he is, it won’t be long until 17.

‘You can’t…’

Alabama can’t win this game. Alabama can’t win the SEC. Alabama can’t win another National Championship. Alabama fans hate to be told their team can’t win. When you tell them they can’t win, odds are they will.

In 2015, Ole Miss Rebels gave Alabama their first loss of their season. Alabama had to win out in order to make it to the college football playoffs. Not only did they win out, but they raised that gold National Championship trophy in front of a packed stadium in Arizona. Proving yet again to their fans and the NCAA, the Alabama football team CAN in fact do it all.

Big rings. #RollTide

A photo posted by Alabama Football (@alabamafbl) on Apr 29, 2016 at 2:04pm PDT

So next time you tell an Alabama fan their team can’t make it to the big stage, you may want to bite your tongue.

‘War Eagle’

Last but certainly not least, these are the two words that make every Alabama fan cringe. You shouldn’t dare utter those words to an Alabama fan.

You may wonder why War Eagle causes such uproar to any Bama fan. It is more than just a rivalry – the Iron Bowl is the biggest showdown in the state of Alabama. The winner gets all the glory and gets to claim their status as top dog in the state of Alabama until the Iron Bowl comes back around the next year.

University of Alabama