Drop out of school! Quit your job! Tamagotchis are back and you need to keep yours alive

Kids don’t know how lucky they are

Hide Images

Incase you didn’t feel ancient yet, the Tamagotchi is officially 20 years old, and in celebration of its anniversary, Bandai has re-released the most important toy of our childhoods . . . and I just pre-ordered three.

Kids everywhere have no idea how lucky they are that they’ll get to understand the joy of strapping one of these colorful eggs to their backpacks, and really learn from a young age how to care for and nurture a tiny robotic being.

I stand by the fact my Tamagotchi made me the woman I am today. You know, despite the fact I used to starve these little guys and let them sit in their own poop for hours on end. RIP kevin.

Apparently these Tamagotchis have the same six characters as the ones we had, but the pods themselves are only half as large as the originals.

I just feel bad for moms everywhere who have no idea the Tamagotchi-sitting shit storm that’s about to hit when their kids go to soccer practice or head to a friends, and inevitably ask them to watch over it (this one goes out to you mom).

Let’s just hope they come out with silent ones soon so we can enjoy using them without the judgment of people who think they’ve moved on. You’re all just in denial.