A reimagining of classic teen movie characters as Instagram aesthetics is the dreamiest thing ever

tips

fads  • 

Molly Ringwald for the Instagram age

It's a universal truth that every human being on the planet loves classic teen movies from the 80s and 90. Yes, every single human — even the ones who don't have electricity.

And if you were to draw a Venn diagram of people who love brat pack movies and people who spend their days looking at dreamy aesthetic pictures on Tumblr, it'd probably just look like a circle. Today, my absolute favorite Twitter/Instagram user @90swomen posted a series of made-up Instagram accounts depicting our most beloved teen scene kings and queens as users, each with specific, unique, and envy-inducing aesthetics to fit their personalities. The pictures were created by Tumblr user @Warhol28, and yes, her blog is as dreamy as you'd expect.

There's the Breakfast Club gang in all their angsty glory — only John "Love of My Life" Bender is missing but if we're staying true to character, he probably wouldn't even have a Facebook, much less a carefully curated Insta:

Just bury your head in the sand and wait for your fuckin' prom

No elephant lamp pic?

When do you drink vodka?

All I need's a lobotomy and some tights

Also included is the cast of characters from Clueless, and you know they're all completely perfect:

Hellooo, it was his 50th birthday!

Wow, you guys talk like grown-ups

No, not to your face

We might get Marky Mark to plant a celebrity tree

Of course the batshit crazy characters in Heathers have the best aesthetics:

What's the up-chuck factor on that?

Because I can be

Fuck it if she can't take a joke, Sarge

My afterlife is so boring

Finally, we have the Ferris Bueller gang which you know is excellent because the entire movie looks like stills from the coolest person you know's Tumblr. Can I be Sloan now, please?

Blow yourself

Do you have a kiss for daddy?

So what are we going to do?

Let my Cameron go

OK, now I have to go delete everything on my Instagram and start over.