Find a new place to buy dresses for the ninth grade formal because Bebe is shuttering all of its shops

RIP those rhinestone Bebe shirts, too

What won't this year take from us? Following widespread closings of such mid-00s icons as Express and Wet Seal, the world's largest exporter of rhinestone t-shirts, Bebe, is shuttering all of its brick-and-mortar stores.

Do you remember Bebe's iconic impact? Without its early bodycon obsession, we might not have the thotty clubwear trend of today. Without its Kardashian capsule collection, we might not have Kimojis and North West. Without its just-flirty-enough semi-formal dresses, I might still have our virginity.

The latest victim in this wave of mall stalwart closings feels almost reflective of our own childhoods drawing to a close. The rhinestone logo t-shirts are our innocence, the shuttered, dystopian storefronts are our hopes and dreams. The repo man coming to collect Bebe's debts are our own vices catching up with us as death creeps every closer.

Or maybe people just don't want to buy polyester dresses with butterflies silkscreened on them for $129 anymore. Whatever.