Lush needs to make a highlighter, because people have started using bath bombs and the outcome is gorgeous

tips

looks  • 

Bet it smells good too

With products like the anti-highlighter coming onto the scene, highlight advocates have pushed back, and are reinventing the highlight as we know it.

Somewhere around 2015 we all began a new form of contouring, and what we didn’t realize was that there would be no turning back.

Fast-forward two years, and young women are rubbing baking soda, citric acid, and scented oil on their face as a means of attaining that glimmer, exclusive to Lush‘s infamous bath bombs.

We all know the point of highlighter is to accentuate the highest points of our cheek bones, and the best way of doing this is to make them lighter, and to add shimmer.

So what better product?

You’re probably thinking something like that looks too glittery to be applied straight to the face, but these twitter users would beg to differ.

https://twitter.com/rxchelrob/status/824734866038198277

Plus, the bath bomb is dusted with enough glitter to last a lifetime, so it’s looks lighter when you apply only a small dusting to your face.

Yeah, you probably wouldn’t wear it to the office (or maybe you would — no judgment), but I could definitely get down with this on a night out.

Here’s what you need to make your own

• 1 cup baking soda
  • 1/2 cup citric acid
  • 1/2 cup Epsom salts
  • 1 tsp. water
  • 2 tsp. essential oil
  • 3 tsp. oil (olive oil)
  • food coloring (any color you want)
  • bowl
  • whisk
  • jar
  • bath bomb mold
  • Good luck, and if you want Lush start making highlighter, try tweeting them: @LushLtd

Maybe if enough of us do, they’ll actually consider it. And for now, we can just keep rubbing bath bombs on our faces.

@carolinephinney