Is there a secret ‘Harry Potter’ reference hidden in the new ‘Beauty and the Beast’ teaser?

Let’s investigate

Hide Images

Sorry to all of the unique roles Emma Watson’s played over the years, but she’ll always be Hermione first and foremost. No shade, but she might even be Hermione before she’s Emma.

So it should delight every single person under the sun — yes, even the ones with no internet or cable access — to learn that there’s a Harry Potter easter egg hidden within the new trailer. An eagle-eyed Elite Daily reporter was among the first to make the connection.

First, let’s start with the teaser itself. Watch it once for some familiarity and then we’ll zoom tf in:

"Belle" Clip – Disney's Beauty and the Beast

Meet Belle in this new clip from Disney's Beauty and the Beast, in theatres in 3D March 17! Get tickets: BeOurGuest.com

Posted by Beauty and the Beast on Monday, February 20, 2017

Go to the part where Belle asks Monsieur Jean if he’s “lost something again” and pay close attention to his response.

Cool, he’s an idiot. Established. But once you compare it to this iconic Harry Potter scene, it takes on a different meaning:

Think back to this iconic moment in the first Harry Potter movie in which pre-hot Neville is sent a rememberall to help him recall things he’s forgotten. What does he say about it?

And it’s definitely a Harry Potter ref because that “I can’t remember what” line isn’t even original dialogue from the animated Beauty and the Beast.

A small nugget of Hogwarts gold, yeah, but I’ll take it.