Men with beards make better boyfriends, according to science

tips

lust  • 

A new study also revealed not-so-great things about guys with cut jaws

Apparently, if you want to find out you boyfriend’s maturity level, all you have to do is hide his razor. Or put on anything written by Seth MacFarlane, whatever.

According to a new study published in the Journal of Evolutionary Biology, men with excessive facial hair are more likely to be great long-term partners than guys who struggle to grow a solid face of fur.

The reason why is one-part pure science, one part societal conditioning. Lots of facial hair typically means the guy has more testosterone, which, contrary to everything I’ve been lead to believe, signals a higher maturity level. As for our pretty universal attraction to men with beards, it’s because the hair literally alters the shape of a man’s face, obscuring traditionally masculine elements of it and — weirdly enough — giving him a slightly more androgynous look. So fucking weird, right?

And on the other side of the coin, the study says we subconsciously view guys with those super cut jawlines (a major marker of masculinity) as casual hookups because their faces look so masculine which basically screams UNRELIABLE to women.

In a nutshell, we like men with beards because they look less like men. If you’re questioning everything you’ve ever known, you’re not alone. Take some time for introspection, protect yourself against beard burn, and maybe consider asking all future boyfriends to participate in No Shave November before deciding to move in together.