People are now getting skin-colored tattoos to camouflage their stretch marks

tips

news  • 

Does this tattoo make me look fat?

Let’s just admit it, stretch marks are demon scribbles on your body as punishment for the sin of being a women. We all have them and if you don’t count, your blessings and remember you don’t know what you’ve got ’til it’s gone. And honestly, if they make us more like Chrissy Teigen they can’t be all that bad. But as women, we know how annoying the mini trenches on our legs, arms, ass, boobs, soul, etc. can be — so what if there was a solution that didn’t involved bathing in a vat of cocoa butter and coconut oil and whatever other remedies are floating out there on the interwebs and glossy Jennifer Aniston commercials? Well apparently, there is. And it involves tattoos…?

Bring in Rodolpho Torres — a tattoo artist from Brazil who is using skin-toned ink to tattoo over stretch marks in his now famous “camouflaging method,” which you can find evidence of on his Instagram. Essentially the idea is you fill in the lighter colored stretch marks with an ink identical to your skin tone and voila – silk, smooth flawless body achieved.

And from just the looks of it, we’ve gotta say, it seems like a super easy fix for those damned marks.

But is it too good to be true? For example, what happens if you get tan or sunburned? What happens if you gain or lose more weight? What happens when the tattoo fades or changes color? I’ll tell you what happens: you’re gonna look like a freakin’ zebra. And to be honest, that makes stretch marks seem a lot less…distracting.

Regardless, the procedure is currently only offered in Brazil. Maybe it really is the perfect fix for stretch marks we’ve all been waiting for. But in the likely chance that it’s not, maybe it’s better to stick to the lotion – just seems a lot less of a commitment issue/potential nightmare.

@dizzyyydesi