Emily Ratajkowski’s naked Christmas cards just won the holiday season

tips

babe  • 

Piers Morgan is not happy, which makes us love them more

When you think Christmas cards, nudity probably isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. But then again, we’re assuming you’re not supermodel Emily Ratajkowski, who created (and Instagrammed) artsy holiday cards featuring a photo of herself sans clothes. They’re definitely cooler than any cards we’ve ever sent, though, to be honest, we’re not exactly sure how much our families would appreciate the same gesture.

Fortunately for EmRata, her extended family includes the likes of Vogue magazine, who seem to get the card more than, say, our grandparents might.

“With everything going on in the world this year, my material gifts seemed to stop short at feeling special and full of love, so I decided to do the collages,” she said.

Thank you @voguemagazine for featuring my ?collages! Check out the rest link in bio

A post shared by Emily Ratajkowski (@emrata) on Dec 21, 2016 at 8:49am PST

Ratajkowski has also been a longtime champion of the Free the Nipple movement, and has spoken eloquently in interviews about issues like feminism, slut shaming and existing in a society where the female body is simultaneously hyper-sexualized and disgraced.

“You know, when Lena Dunham takes her clothes off, she gets flack, but it’s also considered brave; when Justin Bieber takes his shirt off, he’s a grown-up. But when a woman who is sexual takes off her top, it plays into something,” she told Naomi Wolf in an interview for Harper’s Bazaar.

Obviously, not everyone is a fan of Ratajkowski’s holiday greeting — including Piers Morgan, who seems to have recently made a full-time hobby out of slut shaming. In fact, he’s literally been tweeting about the photo for hours (in between humblebrags about knowing George Michael, of course), which seems kind of sad.

Anyway, while we’re not necessarily about to rush off and send our extended family outtakes from our latest sexy selfie photoshoot, we sure as hell respect Emily’s ballsiness and right to do so. And the fact that she managed to so seriously piss off Morgan and his bunch of Twitter trolls along the way is kind of just icing on the cake.

@caitmunro