The best parts of being a Detroit Tigers fan

Eat ’em up, Tigers

If you are from the Detroit area you know what it’s like to be a true Tigers fan. Going to games, watching them on TV, and getting pumped when you see or hear that Miggy hit another homerun. With the season being in its prime I decided to compile a list of why being a Tigers fan is the best. (In no particular order)

The views

From wherever you sit in the ballpark you’re going to see the game with no foul polls in your way and be comfortable. Even in the very top row of the 300 level deck there isn’t a bad seat in that park. You can always have fun trying to catch foul balls and interacting with other fans. And can we talk about how gorgeous that Michigan sunset is?

The team spirit

In no other town have I experienced the same amount of team spirit for one organization than I do when I go downtown for a Tigers game. Whether you’re sitting next to a good friend or complete stranger, you are bound to start rooting “Let’s go, Tigers” at the top of your lungs or starting the wave and looking like an idiot until others catch on.

The theme nights

The theme nights at Comerica Park are the absolute best! From the popular Star Wars night, to country western night, to my personal favorite, Bark at the park where Tigers fans can bring their best furry friend to watch the game too. There is always a theme for anyone to enjoy and they almost always mean you will get some sort of free gift at the gate such as a floppy hat or souvenir bat.

The Iconic logo

That infamous old English D logo. It is noticeable from any angle and you instantly have a connection to a complete stranger when you see them wearing the logo. The best part about our logo is knowing that it will never go out of style! For 115 years the Tigers have always had the same logo and it’s something classic that you can never see enough of.

Ballpark food

Whether you plan to eat inside or outside of the park you are bound to have a food baby afterwards. The restaurants and bars surrounding the park are some of the most iconic in downtown Detroit. Inside the park you have your classic hot dogs, but the Tigers chefs have gone so far as to make nachos, Chinese food and pizza (since the team is owned by the owners of Little Caesars pizza). Oh and the ice cream is super yummy too!

Family time 

Whenever I go to a Tigers game I know that not only am I going to watch one of my favorite sports live, but I am also going to spend good quality time with my family and friends. Comerica Park is a place where you can just relax and laugh.

Experiencing the legacy

From the very beginning the Tigers have always had a successful program. Throughout the years we have benefited from influential players such as Ty Cobb, Lou Whitaker and Alan Trammell. Although many of us have never seen them play in real life, we see glimpses of their careers through current players who learned from watching their tapes. And even though Comerica Park isn’t the original field that the all-stars played it, their spirits still run through the city.

The Friday night fireworks

Started as a way to make Friday night games a little more special, the Friday night fireworks show is the cherry on top of a perfect night at the ball park. Sponsored by Comerica Bank, the fireworks are a staple to the end of the week games.

Whether you you are a die hard fan or have never been a game. There is always a place for you at Comerica Park and the fans are waiting to yell “Lets go, Tigers” with you. Now I have to ask, Who is your Tiger?