Women at a Bieber concert told us the most ‘fangirl’ thing they’ve done

‘We jumped the gate and tried to find his house’

Justin Bieber. The Biebs. JB. Leave It To Bieber.

Whatever you call him, the guy sure gets a lot of flak. And his fans – er, Beliebers – certainly do too.  We’re known as one of the most obsessive fan bases, and it’s not entirely fiction. A phenomenon similar to Beatlemania, “Biebermania” exploded into pop culture a little over seven years ago.

I identify as a slightly-more-than-casual JB fan myself. And once you admit that you like the Biebs to your friends and family, you become a big, red target for pranks.

My mom hung up a giant plastic sheet emblazoned with Baby Bieber on my door for my birthday in January, and my dad recently changed the default wallpaper of the dashboard screen in our car to an image he titled “A Touching Moment with the Biebs” – that infamous interview in which Justin cried over Selena Gomez, his ex-girlfriend.

Thanks, you guys.

However, I’ll admit I’ve done my fair share of Bieber-related pranks on relatives, too, evident by my cousin Hadley’s response to my question further in this article.

While attending Justin’s Purpose World Tour stop in Jacksonville, Florida, this past week, I decided to see just how deep the Bieber obsession really goes. I asked young women attending the concert what the most ‘fangirl’ thing they’ve ever done for Bieber was.

The responses were exactly what you’d expect.

MJ, Hannah and Brielle, all 12

“They’re overwhelmed right now,” Michelle, the mom of the group, said. “We had a full, homemade book that we had for 159 days that [counted down] to get to this day … It has the entire song list that he’s gonna have, a picture and a map of directions since we drove from South Carolina … They all have their homemade Justin Bieber book with their countdown, the map, the pictures, the song list, their outfits … We literally photoshopped the outfits that they’re wearing and put it into the books.”

Alysha, 21

“When I was 15, my friends and I were obsessed with him. We live in Atlanta and [Justin] had a neighbor next to us, so we jumped the gate and tried to find his house. So we stalked him, basically,” Alysha laughed. “That’s my biggest ‘fangirl’ thing I’ve ever done for him.”

Isabelle and McKenna, both 13

“The biggest ‘fangirl’ thing I’ve done was to make these shirts,” Isabelle said, pointing to the pair’s matching tees, which had Justin Bieber’s mugshot printed on them. “I watched his movie five days in a row, the ‘Never Say Never’ movie,” McKenna said.

Summer, 17, and Kaitlyn, 18

“The biggest ‘fangirl’ thing I’ve done was having a cutout of him,” Summer said. “This is my first concert, so not much,” Kaitlyn said.

Andrea, 20

“The biggest ‘fangirl’ thing I’ve done for Justin Bieber? Definitely paying $90 for seats in the nosebleeds,” Andrea said. “I also made this shirt myself,” she laughed.

Morgan, 20

“I haven’t really done anything super ‘fangirl’ besides go to his concert,” Morgan said. “But, a few years ago, a friend sent me a Bieber birthday card as a joke, not knowing I listen to him. Joke’s on her, I love Justin.”

Kayla and Cheyenne, both 14

“The most ‘fangirl’ thing we’ve done is definitely commenting on his pictures like a thousand times … We have notifications for his posts on Instagram. And our shirts,” Kayla and Cheyenne said.

Hadley, 20

“The most ‘fangirl’ thing I’ve done for Bieber was actually done to me … my cousin put my cellphone number all over his Instagram. Girls were texting me, calling me, Facetiming me, thinking I was Justin Bieber … for two months.”

Yes, I did do that. Is it too late now to say sorry?

Olivia, 20

“I grew my hair out the same time that [Justin] grew his hair out … I dressed up as him at school,” Olivia said, pictured third from the left. “People were saying, ‘That’s a really hot guy.”

After hearing some of these responses, it was clear that Justin has the most devoted, enthusiastic fans on the planet.

It also now made sense why he chose to take a break from photos with fans and meet and greets for a while.

Biebermania is alive and well, and it’s coming to an arena near you.