Surviving an LDR: Your vibrator is your best friend

Pleasure is at your fingertips (pun intended)

13555678_1752883191625298_1332893919_o

Everybody has needs that need to be met. Some people will go to their significant other, while others will find some rando and ravish them. If you’re in a long distance relationship like me, having that special someone fit your needs isn’t as easy.

My boyfriend and I live in two separate states. We went to high school together and while I’ve been away at college, he is usually a 10 hour drive away as opposed to a 45 minute ride when I’m back home.

This summer has been especially difficult for me. I am an 18-year-old girl with raging hormones, which turn me into a grouchy bitch if they don’t get met for a significant period of time. I value loyalty and respect and that is what I have built my relationship on.

That being said, I can’t handle being a complete grouch. So, I got my first toy. It’s the most beautiful vibrator I have ever laid eyes on. With ten different functions, pleasure is just at my fingertips (pun intended).

Now, if you’re anything like me and are suffering from similar difficulties, I offer you one piece of advice. Do not be embarrassed to purchase a toy to help you get your needs met. You can still get the pleasure of an orgasm without having to betray someone you love.

The best part about having a toy to use is when you see your partner the next time. Your sex will feel a lot more intimate when its the two of you. And trust me, no boyfriend or girlfriend will ever say no to you getting a vibrator. A lot of guys actually find it pretty kinky and it can really spice things up in the bedroom.

In my personal experience, sex toys have always had a negative stigma around it. I think this is mainly because my parents think sex before marriage makes you “slutty”. Since the generation before us believe in that, there really hasn’t been much need for sex toys. If you’re married, you have unlimited access to your partner and can have sex with them when you are horny. With our generation, its different.

As a sexually active teenager, I have developed increasing needs. I am a girl who loves sex and has to have it pretty often. Having a vibrator stimulates the feeling of having sex. I absolutely adore my vibrator. Not only is it the cutest thing in the world, but it has ten different functions to help pleasure me. I probably use this every couple of days. It feels incredible.

One thing we need to realize is that a lot of us are sexually active. The stigma behind toys is getting smaller but still exists. I know I was hesitant to even write this piece because of how people would think of me, but I soon realized that I don’t care. Most people I know who are reading this are not virgins. Since I can’t have sex as much as the next person since my boyfriend is a few states away, I do what I need to in order to function. There is nothing bad about using a toy and it doesn’t make you a slut.

Having a vibrator has sort of empowered me. I don’t feel the need to have a boy satisfy me when I can do it myself. While this might be mad news for all the men out there, I see it as good news for the girls. Being in charge of your own orgasm is exciting.