Let’s be real: Orange County is the best place in Southern California

Welcome to the 949

Orange County: more notoriously known as “The O.C.” You know that famous teen soap about some rich kids from Newport Beach and their crazy relationships? That took place here.  It is a vacation spot to many tourists but the ones who live here get to experience paradise all year round.

Here are just a few things you’d know if you’re from the 949:

You don’t have Google the word ‘Duffy’

You’re always out on the water. It’s a weekend activity; at least one of your friends owns one if not, a boat sometimes a yacht

You’ve rarely or never set foot on the local cities public transportation

What does OCTA even mean? And walk? What? Where? (as you hop in your massive SUV)

As a kid your goal was to be featured in the Daily Pilot

It was your five minutes of fame, from your assisted goal at the Daily Pilot Cup to your Jr. Lifeguard record swim time.

Taco Tuesday aka Newport’s weekly Holiday

You’ve done it all. El Ranch, GreatMex, Taco Mesa, Sharkeez, Bear Flag and the list goes on and it never get’s old.

Summer season is a love / hate situation

First off there’s June Gloom. Then, the beaches get crowded with outsiders who bring their canopies, tents, fences, and grandma’s. Go Home 909.

Alta Coffee

Going after school was the thing to do and you got used to the passive aggressive service. Always ordering a to-go cup when sitting in the patio.

Large Bodies of Water

It was your second home. You were either surfing with pops in the morning, or going to 6 a.m. swim practice. Junior Lifeguards was a must and weekends consisted of laying at the beach (even in December). Oh, and you gasped whenever someone said they disliked the beach.

PCH

This will forever be the best drive ever. Especially passing through Ruby’s Shake Shack down to Crystal Cove.

The OC bubble

You can’t avoid anyone. You see everyone everywhere. And as much as you want to leave, you remember you live where people vacation and realize this paradise isn’t a bad place for a home base.