Finally Bernie Sanders gives Hillary Clinton his vote

‘Yes, I think the issue right here is I am going to do everything I can to defeat Donald Trump’

With the strongest affirmation of support so far, Bernie Sanders has announced that he would vote for Hillary Clinton.

When asked on MSNBC’s Morning Joe today if he would vote for the presumptive Democratic Party nominee, Bernie responded:

“Yes. Yes, I think the issue right here is I am going to do everything I can to defeat Donald Trump. I think Trump in so many ways will be a disaster for this country if he were to be elected president.”

While acknowledging he would cast a ballot for the former secretary of state to prevent a Trump presidency, Bernie has still not formerly endorsed Clinton. There are a few issues that need to be addressed first.

“I want her to say among other things, we have a crisis in higher education – public universities and colleges should be tuition free. Raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour,” Bernie explained on CBS This Morning.

He would also like Clinton to support a “healthcare for all” system.

“I would love her to say that and I would love her to move aggressively to make that happen.”

After Clinton became the presumptive Democratic Party nominee earlier this month, she met with Bernie in Washington to discuss their shared agenda.

The Clinton campaign released a statement after the meeting, expressing that it was “a positive discussion about unifying the party and about the dangerous threat that Donald Trump poses to our nation.”

Given that Clinton and Bernie are willing to work together to shape the political platform before the Democratic National Convention, those involved in the Bernie or Bust movement might be reconsidering their staunch position against the Democratic Party.

Despite not having the votes to be the Democratic nominee, Bernie is still actively working to ensure the Democratic Party will have an effective and progressive platform.