Hillary Clinton might not win the nomination, says the Wall Street Journal

If she can’t win California, it could be over for her

There’s a very real chance Hillary Clinton might not win the Democrat nomination, according to The Wall Street Journal.

With multiple polls showing Clinton’s lead in California at just two percent, the door is open for her opponent Bernie Sanders to win 250 delegates, says Douglas E. Schoen.

Nearly 1.5 million new voters have registered for the Democratic primary since January 1, which Schoen explains is an encouraging sign for Bernie. If he can pull close to Clinton in pledged delegates, he’ll have the momentum headed into the convention where he is expected to propose a rule change mandating superdelegates to vote for who won their state’s primary. That’s bad news for Clinton, who is currently supported by a vast majority of superdelegates.

Even worse, new surveys show Bernie defeating Trump by 10 points in a head-to-head matchup, while the Washington Post and Fox News show Clinton is trailing the Republican nominee by two to three points. A Gallup poll said one in every five voters just don’t trust Clinton.

And of course, the FBI’s investigation into her use of a private server for sensitive foreign policy emails still looms.

Will Clinton be able to hold onto her lead, or will Bernie emerge as the Democratic nominee? It could be neither, since a contested convention could provide a candidate like John Kerry or Vice President Joe Biden the opportunity to enter the race.

In an election that seemed to be focused on the dysfunction of the Republican Party, it could be the Democrats who are in for a family feud.