We asked women how they define ‘beautiful’

‘It starts with the love and respect you have for yourself’

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, everyone perceives it differently. We see beauty in our everyday lives whether it’s our favorite outfit, the person we love, a work of art, or anything that gives us a feeling of gratification. It holds the creative and intellectual expressions we experience in moments of inspiration that is all around us.

I decided to gather a group of women to uncover what their definition of beauty is.

Elidja Clinton, 21

Beauty to me is internal love. It starts with the love and respect you have for yourself. When you’re comfortable in your own skin you can radiate that security to others in a positive light. We need to learn and teach how to love ourselves and be able to see the beauty in others. When you accept everything around you as beautiful, you accept love, peace and forgiveness.

Laura Escobar, 21

Being beautiful to me is being authentic. Everyone is weird. Once you stop focusing on other people and start focusing on yourself and what makes you happy, you are more beautiful than ever. Happiness is the best kind of beauty.

Sabrinah Boasman,  Editor-in-Chief of L’Etage Magazine

It’s hard to describe beauty in exact words. The older I get I see it differently. I think being courageous is a sign of beauty. Kindness, passionate, compassion are all signs of beauty. To me, people who possess these qualities are beautiful. A lovely smile always works as well.

Zoe Arcoub, 16

I don’t think beauty is what you wear or the material objects you can show the world. Yes, you can be born beautiful but I think personality, intelligence, and confidence truly define a beautiful person. We grow up being told that the stuff we see in a magazine is beautiful and that looking or having what those models have will make you a beautiful person. But in my opinion, I feel the most beautiful is when I’m surrounded by genuine people and living within the adventure.

Ginger Bitton, 22

Beautiful is something that not everyone can see or attain. Being beautiful has to come from within. It comes from having a good heart and doing stuff to make other people or things better. For example cleaning up beaches comes from the goodness of ones heart, but in return makes the beach beautiful.