Big D 2017: An American Dream

You will be taken on a journey around America

It’s finally here! Big D 2017 is bringing to you, ‘An American Dream’.

Alongside the host of huge names in the pipeline to perform, this year’s Big D will feature a distinctive and immersive Journey that will undoubtedly be a night you won’t forget.

With a bigger budget than ever before, the Big D creative team are stopping at nothing to ensure that the University is transformed, the description for the theme has teased us with an idea of what to expect.

“From the dusty plains to the bright lights, from the iconic to the original, this is a trip across the landscapes and through the time periods which have shaped the most iconic of places.”

The team told us:

“The festival will start in Las Vegas, with your journey beginning in the midst of the utmost hedonistic culture, one of getting rich quick in the midst of glitz and glamour. The festival is planned to be a journey, taking you through to the American frontier that shaped the nation and enabling us to explore the darker side of fame, allowing you to uncover the secrets and delights of what can only be described as the biggest D yet. Think casinos, think alcohol, think bright lights and the big city.”

Last year’s Big D theme was ‘State of Mind’

Throughout this week, each stage will be announced in detail and you will have the chance to win costumes, free tickets and festival accessories. The team also teased that the long wait for the second headliner may soon be coming to an end…

For tickets to York’s biggest student run festival: click here

Big D 2017: An American Dream

Big D 2017: An American Dream. ??York’s largest student led festival returns for 2017 in its most exciting form yet. Taking over the University campus with 5 magical areas, indoor and outdoor, this is the only way to start your summer. Why not do it in style?With a massive expansion in budget, bookings and theme. We are excited to present:Big D 2017: An American Dream. ??This year as a festival we wanted to take you on a journey, from the dusty plains to the bright lights, from the iconic to the original, this is a trip across the landscapes and through the time periods which have shaped this most iconic of places.We’ll be covering everything from the glitz and glamour of Vegas?, baby, to the american frontier ? which shaped the nation. We’ll be exploring the darker side of fame? and taking you to the world's greatest city ?, allowing you to uncover the secrets and delights of what can only be described as the biggest D yet.We’ll be joined by a host of talent from massive international artists to local leaders in the scene and rising stars.Join us as we take you into An American Dream. ??Tickets: http://bit.ly/2ms5IeMEvent: Big D 2017

Posted by Big D Festival on Monday, April 24, 2017