York’s most eligible bachelorette: Semi-Final Two

Who wins? You decide

Here we are, again. The second semi-final of York’s most eligible bachelorette 2017. One of the following girls could be your winner. Once more, it’s your votes that count, vote in the poll below to select the two girls who will have the honour of making it through to the final…

Charlotte Beckett, Third Year, Derwent 

She’s got many admirers, famously described as the ‘ultimate university catch’, but is notoriously hard to win over. Charlotte had this to say

Firstly massive shout out to my other heat three girls. Best achievement of uni so far and furthest I’ve ever got on an online competition so kind of excited about that one! Its crazy I’ve been recognised and stopped in various York locations, its incredible I feel like a real life celeb!! It really would be the icing and cherry on the cake to my uni experience. If I’m going to be a Bachelorette for this long, I might as well win something for it and there have been rumours about getting ‘the tab’ tattooed on my left bum cheek if I win but I don’t know who started that…

Sophia Hill, Second Year, Constantine 

Well-travelled, and known for her disappearing acts to Europe, she boasts a title as a published NASA physicist, turning down a further job at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, aged only sixteen, in favour to pursue her English degree. Sophia said

I’m humbled that a small town Surrey girl *refrains from breaking into Journey* could make it as far as the semis, and even more so that as many people took the time to vote for me – thank you all so much To win, well I haven’t thought that far ahead, though it would be such a lovely surprise to win a title as prestigious as ‘York’s Most Eligible Bachelorette”… Maybe even take the focus off the 2:2 I’ll be lucky to scrape… also happy to share the title in a Mean Girls-esque scene.

Isabelle Shallop, Third Year, Vanbrugh 

Isabella Shallop, known as either “Iz”, “Izzy”, “Bella” or “Dickhead”, depending on how well you know her, is a third year Environmental Geography student. She says

Everyone knows a semi isn’t that satisfactory. So it would mean a lot to win!
If I win I’ll be more likely to get my own show on E! Which is more in line with my career goals than environmental geography.