York’s most eligible bachelorette: Heat Two

Lets hear it for the girls

Here is the second team of bachelorettes looking for love. Vote for your favourite at the bottom, and the top two will progress to the semi-final. So without further ado…

Kate Wilkinson, Third Year, Linguistics

Part of the infamous Thief Lane sorority, Kate Wilkinson, also known as Wilkinsnake/one half of Matt Kate CSO, is a third year Geordie lass studying Linguistics. Never seen without her trusty fake tan and a blue VK, Kae’s into cricketers (but any Surridge hoodie will do) and bonus points to any lad who loves Popworld. The highlight of her uni experience is being featured as a National Tab hottie of the week, a feat closely followed by her pride and joy, the title and yellow sash of [the former] Miss Langwith… It’s on her CV, I kid you not. Albeit, she only wants a lad so she can steal his hoodie like housemate Chloe Maria Price (you’re welcome to pop by and pick yours up btw x), though she’s a lovely lass. Hey, Kate isn’t too fussy, she doesn’t even need to go back to yours – a booth in salvo should suffice.

Pearl Jakes, First Year, Natural Science

Beautiful, mysterious and hilarious are just a few words to describe Pearl; when she’s not buzzing about town being a socialite, she is in bed crying about men whilst tucking into a Betty Crockers brownie for 16 (actually for 1). You may think you know her face, and you probably do from her many walks of shame, or from the drunk breakfasts in the RKC.  Vote Pearl and she will take you on a romantic date to Salt and Pepper, where she just might (will) end up passed out whilst eating cheesy chips.

Siobhan Gleeson, Second Year, Interactive Media

At 5″11, Siobhan has the stature of a runway model and just as tall standards for her potential partners. As someone with seemingly endless supplies of energy, she only has two volumes: loud and louder (so perhaps not the girl for you if you have thin bedroom walls). Her sense of humour mainly revolves around pictures of dogs and the sound of her own laugh, which sounds a bit like a seal dying a painful death. Infectious, really. Truly though, she will make you laugh constantly and you will certainly never be bored- just so long as you’re ready to ride the wave with this surfer enthusiast. So, if you’re lacking a bit of excitement in your life and you’re looking for someone who can bring a bit of La Vida Loca to your day, look no further than this bubbly beauty!

Clare Cornwell, Third year, Psychology

As a self-confessed “quirky bean”, Clare is a truly amazing human, who can make anyone laugh. She is an incredibly easy person to get along with, whilst not taking herself too seriously. As Social Sec for YuSurf, Claire loves a night out; she’s often seen gracing the dance floor of Salvos and is rarely absent from Phats. With long red curls, you can always spot this surf enthusiast among the waves. If that’s not enough, this drop dead gorgeous surf chick is an avid dog lover – so really, what else could you ask for?!

Ella Tennant, 3rd Year, Philosophy

After a long time off the market, this prized gem is single and ready to mingle. Despite short stints on Tinder and Bumble, she’s still after a man that stimulates more than just her impressive mind. You will find her in the middle of the dance floor at every Derwent D-event tragically dancing and refusing to get with anyone less than a York 8. Rumour has it this spritely lass has a bit of an adventurous side with a taste for a four figure kind of experience. She is smart and successful at everything she tries to do. This is the girl who you can’t wait to introduce your mum to but she’s more than keen to make secrets that aren’t appropriate to share around the dinner table. If you’re wanting a girl that lets you finish her meal on a date, then this girl isn’t for you. But she is a cracking laugh and a 10/10, you’d be a very lucky guy to bag this rare beauty.