York’s most eligible bachelor: Semi-Final Two

Who wins? YOU decide

Here we go again, the second semi-final of York’s most eligible bachelor 2017. Continue procrastinating by browsing through these strapping lads and vote for who you deem to be the most eligible bachelor. Same drill as before, vote for the two gentlemen who you want to see in the final.

James de La Hunty, 1st Economics, Derwent

A keen member of Derwent football, often seen on salvo’s dancefloor, had this to say about reaching the semi-finals:

“It’s probably my greatest ever achievement, the privilege and honour only on par with receiving a call up to the DCAFC 6th XI. It would fill me with pride on a personal level to win it, but I’d also like to win it for all those out there who voted for me, and especially Tavis Shore for the nomination.”

Dom Smithies, YUSU Community and Wellbeing Officer

Dom Smithies only just made it through to the semi-final thanks to the withdrawal of another bachelor. Maybe he went and found love, we say good luck to him. However, Dom is a worthy replacement for the semi-final and told The Tab what it meant to him to still be in the competition:

“It’s truly an honour just to be nominated and rep for the gays and the sabb team #bachelorsabb. I was told that I was only selected as a backup, but my ‘friends’ pointed out that’s pretty representative of my dating history. This is still deffo one for the CV.”

Alex Gowthorpe, 2nd Year PPE, Derwent

A lover of dogs, football and known to steal your girl…’s jeans, Alex had this to say:

“Getting to the semi-final didn’t come as much of a surprise, especially after my good friends highlighted all my most attractive qualities. I would be honoured to win the award – there are no boundaries to where it might take me.”

Ryan Hill, 3rd Year Accounting, Business Finance and Management, James

Smooth talking, Surrey lad Ryan… Not only will this young property entrepreneur find you a home; he’ll also find your heart. Ryan told The Tab:

“I imagine it feels better than losing in the first heat but not as good as being in the final. I think it would mean as much to me as it would to my admirers. I feel after the recent vote for Donald Trump and Brexit it’s time for people to make the right decision and vote for someone who lives up to their title and delivers.”