York’s most eligible bachelor: Heat Three

Feast your eyes on these hunks

The penultimate choice of single chaps that we have so kindly provided for your personal delectation. Have a look at the pictures, have a quick read of their bios, then scroll down to vote and change the life of one of these young men forever.

Dom Smithies, YUSU Community and Well-being Officer

Dom ‘Bachelor Sabb’ Smithies, as fun, flirty and as up for an Ab/Fab time as they come. Known to party all night long, if you’re looking for a good time, then look no further – Dom’s your man. Aged like a fine, Nisa own-brand wine, Dom’s bountiful life experience yearns for a partner to stay in and watch Drag Race with. If you want to make him scream ‘YAAASSSSSSSS’ apply at Dominic Smithies SU.

Matthew Kemp, 3rd Year, Interactive Media

A Doncaster lad, the best way to summarise Matt is through his Christmas gifts this year; a bottle of fine aged whiskey, and a hand-crafted Swedish hatchet. Debuting as ‘Thor’ in a childhood school production, demi-God Matt may be blue-eyed and baby-faced, but this motorbike riding bad boy (he’s an angel really), is all man. Yes, he’s doing a nerd degree, but nobody’s perfect, although Matt’s pretty high up there. With broad shoulders ready to sling a lucky maiden over, Matthew Kemp, aka Thor, is a bachelor to beat.

Axel Laundy, 2nd Year, Politics & International Relations

Axel is the one on the left, apparently

A real man of the world. This son of Scandinavia, and blonde haired beaut, boasts a long list of attractive qualities, enough to make any lucky lady swoon. Can we also just appreciate that the lad’s name is Axel, please? Pretty damn cool. Derwent JCRC Merch Rep, in Derwent AFC 3’s Starting XI, Hull Road resident and current record holder for ‘the most broken hearts in one night in Salvo’s’, (the majority of which were female), Axel is just full of surprises. When he’s not representing his university at the highest level, Axel is an aspiring chef and fashionista, just waiting to wine and dine a York fittie in his finest wavey garms.

Sweden’s finest export since Basshunter and IKEA meatballs, Axel is looking for a sensitive soul to share the long winter nights with; don’t worry about a sordid past, with Axel Laundy, there’s no dirty laundry.

Joe Gent, 2nd Year, Law

Joe Gent, a second year Law student, commonly known as ‘suit guy’. A proper bro, one can always rely on Joe. Whether it’s the allure of being one of the very few who can pull off a suit and tie in Salvos and fully work it, or rather the drive, intelligence and ambition of a young Harvey Spector, either way, ladies, make way for this Cornish Gent. A keen whiskey and brandy enthusiast, Joe’s an avid gym goer; the only time you’ll ever see him out of his favourite navy suit is when he’s working up a sweat. With a great sense of humour, and ever the man to put a smile back on your face; if there’s one thing to say about Joe Gent, it would be that he surpasses his name.

You know the drill by now, vote below for the bachelor you’d like to see go through to the next round.