Going to Longbenton was literally like being on an episode of Geordie Shore

They even filmed an episode here

When you’re from Newcastle, if you venture anywhere slightly more south you’re greeted with “whey-eye, Geordie Shore.” It’s annoying and untrue, but to be quite honest my high school wasn’t far off this reputation.

East and break times in the Dome were our sanctuary

I wouldn’t swap those times in the dome for anything, even if it was like a scene out of Mean Girls. Each group had their table and you wouldn’t dare sit with another, or you’d be interrogated for months and it would definitely result in a face off in the group chat.

The uniforms were the best form of contraception we could get, literally

Nothing can make walking around in polyester oversized jumpers which are too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter that much better. There were the skirts that were barely visible, or you wore black jeans and converse and got a detention. The worst part is that they now have a new school and even a new name but you can get a new building, logo and stick everyone in blazers but it’ll still be the same LB.

They didn’t even trust us to wear normal ties

We had clip on ones instead.

Dream Matte Mousse was every year 7’s staple

In Year 7, the most important thing was to have seven layers of dream matte mousse that was three shades too dark. Then, grab your Jane Norman bag and Superdry coat, so you could be at least half an hour early and gossip around the HMT block.

An episode of Geordie Shore was even filmed here

Our claim to fame is that an episode of Geordie Shore was filmed in our school. I’m not sure how good I can make the school seem compared to Eton or Harrow, but not many other schools can say they’ve had Holly and Charlotte learning Spanish in the CLC.

Our school trips were pretty great though

From clambering through the Yorkshire dales with D of E to shopping in London, there was definitely a variety of ways to spend success week. You got to wear non-uniform which was the highlight of the year, parading round in your new Hollister or Jack Wills t-shirt.

Although I haven’t painted the best picture of my high school it’s somewhere you love to hate, even though I couldn’t wait to escape for sixth form it was definitely an interesting five years to say the least. I may not have came out with the best grades but some of the stories I could tell you about the school almost make it worth it.