Alleged knife incident outside Leamington’s Clink Bar

It happened on Sunday morning

Hide Images

Police are currently investigating an assault which took place outside Clink Bar, on Warwick Street, in which a man is believed to have produced a knife.

Two men are understood to have been involved in an altercation inside Clink Bar, before being escorted outside. A disagreement then took place outside the bar, which is frequented by University of Warwick students, at around 2.15am on Sunday. During this, one of the men used a weapon, which is believed to be a knife, in a stabbing motion towards the other man. The attacker then ran off in an unknown direction.

The victim was a man in his 20s, and he has suffered slight injuries to his hand. Officers are keen for anyone who saw the assault or who was in the area at the time of the incident to come forward.

Ciara Buckley, a first-year student, said: “It’s always scary to hear about things like this so close to home, especially alongside the recent attacks in the Cannon Park area.

“It’s a reminder to look out for yourself, even in what we think of as a relatively safe town.”

Anyone with information is asked to call Warwickshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously quoting incident number 288 of January 22.