Warwick comes 51st in global rankings

We dropped three places

In the QS World Rankings released today, Warwick has fallen three spots with a score of 77.6.

This means it has come joint 51st with Australia’s Queensland University.

Released annually, the QS World Rankings rate Universities according to research, teaching, employability and internationalisation (how well Universities attract students and teachers from overseas). This year, 940 Universities from across the World were included in its ratings.

In last year’s rankings, Warwick came 48th with a score of 81.6, meaning there was a drop of exactly four points. There was a significant drop in its academic reputation down to 83.9 from 90.4, meaning it was ranked 69th globally. In terms of employer reputation, Warwick saw a slight drop to 98.9 meaning it was ranked 24th globally. The ratio of students per faculty improved slightly this year, going up to 62.9 but the level of citation from its faculties was down significantly to 58.2 meaning it was ranked 171st globally.

However, when it came to internationalisation Warwick did much better than last year, an increase in faculty staff from overseas gave the University a score of 96 and similarly a higher proportion of international students brought Warwick up to 99, giving it a ranking of 39.