Warwick BNOC 2016 nomination: Alp Katalan

You will spot him at every possible event

Being a BNOC is the ultimate university status and this year at Warwick, we have received over 250 nominations.

Today’s nomination is Alp Katalan, a second year Politics and International Studies student.

You may know him because he is the co-founder and co-president of the infamous European Society (they’re known to host events with loads of free pizza) or due to the fact that he was the co-editor of Perspectives, which is Warwick’s leading international affairs magazine.

In his spare time Alp likes to watch James Bond movies or eating tuna sandwiches from Breadoven. When asked how he felt about getting nominated he responded:

“It’s an honour to be recognised by the Tab, one of the most prestigious organisations of our university”
His nominators described him as ‘a top guy’, ‘a real laugh’ and ‘someone who is involved with every possible event on campus’.

One person said that ‘he is the sweetest and most positive person at Warwick, someone who is always walking around with the biggest smile’, while another referred to Alp as ‘the ultimate BNOC who cannot stroll through central campus without getting stopped for an autograph’.

Voting for the Warwick BNOC 2016 will be open later this month. If you’d like to nominate someone else, email [email protected] or message The Tab Warwick Facebook page.