Warwick BNOC 2016 Nomination: Maatin Adewunmi

He has too many friends to get any work done

Being a BNOC is the ultimate university status and this year at Warwick, we have received over 250 nominations. Today’s nominee is Maatin Adewunmi, a second year Economics, Politics and International Studies student.

Maatin is known for his sporting talents

Walking around campus with him is a nightmare, you can’t go a metre without bumping into someone who knows him. The second year EPAIS student is far too popular for his own good. He said “My friends make jokes about me being a BNOC, but I never thought I’d be nominated”. He added that his nomination was “a surprise, but a good one”. He’s an active member of ACS playing in their football team, and a member of Warwick men’s hockey. In his spare time he works for Warwick Inspire volunteering with children from underachieving schools and helping them go forward into higher education.

According to his mates ‘everybody knows Maatin, he’s never ever sat down in the Library doing work because he has so many people to talk to’. He walks around Warwick ‘moving from person to person because he’s just such a damn BNOC’. Someone else said he’s ‘renowned for chatting up half of the library’ and being an ‘undeniable Casanova’. Apparently he’s best known for ‘running World at Warwick football matches and beating PPE president (and fellow BNOC nominee Lanre Ige) in a push-up contest’.

Voting for the Warwick BNOC 2016 will be open later this month. If you’d like to nominate someone else, email [email protected] or message The Tab Warwick Facebook page.