Warwick BNOC 2016 Nomination: George Tuvey

He was the star of the Rootes toast video, and he doesn’t even like toast

Warwick is a campus uni with nearly 24,000 students, so being a BNOC is a big deal. Our next nominee is Philosophy fresher George Tuvey!

So sauve

His interests include Doctor Who and West End theatre and he admits to going about 6 times a year. He also loves cooking but you’ll be surprised to hear that he doesn’t ever make toast. He revealed that he hates having toast. In fact the only time he’s ever used the toaster since being in Rootes, was for the video.

Cutting some shapes.

In response to us asking how he felt about his nomination he answered:

“It’s so funny that people are still talking to me about this Rootes toast video. We literally made it as a laugh for my kitchen, I don’t even think the video is that good! I just can’t believe people still come up to me about it. It’s usually only drunk people. Saying that, when I’m drunk I do play up to it a bit. High fiving down the aisle on the uni express and the like. I should probably stop doing that”.

A friend of George who nominated him claimed that George “made the rootes toast video, and now wherever he goes he gets recognised”, just like a true BNOC.

Look at that pout.

George currently is “playing the whole ‘uni’ thing by ear” and next year wants to get involved in more societies. When he isn’t cooking anything but toast, or reading Descartes he loves watching Doctor Who. His love for Doctor Who is intense, he swears that he needs it to “essentially live and breathe”.

Voting for the Warwick BNOC 2016 will be open later this month. If you’d like to nominate someone else email [email protected] or message The Tab Warwick Facebook page.