Warwick named one of the most international unis in the UK

Another award to add to the collection

The University of Warwick is one of the most international universities in the country, according to rankings by The Times Education list.

Our diverse uni was ranked as the 11th most international university in the UK, and 45th worldwide.

The criteria for the Time’s Education table includes: the amount of international staff, international students and the amount of research papers published with at least one co-writer from a different country – all of which add to the ranking of the universities.

Warwick’s Vice-Chancellor Professor Sir Nigel Thrift hailed the rankings, saying: “This result recognises Warwick’s significant international reputation and engagement.

“We now have students and staff from over 120 countries on our campus, and in the last decade we have added significantly to our international links and activities.

“Most recently we have developed close relationships with Monash University in Australia and partnerships in New York and California.”

Kalayani Narayanan, first year Management student from Coimbatore, India wasn’t surprised by the good news: “It was always my dream to study abroad and Warwick seemed like the best place to start.

“It was ranked really well and had everything in its own little bubble. That’s why I chose to study at Warwick.”

Jonas Eberhardt, second year Politics and International Studies student, from Erfurt, Germany added: “Warwick is fascinating because everything here is changing so quickly.

“Two years after sending off my personal statement, there is a number of new buildings on campus, rooms in The Shard, and plans to be build a campus in California.

“Where else would you get that?!’