What’s on: Valentine’s Day in Bristol

Love is in the air

Valentine’s day is looming. If you’ve got a partner, then you’ll probably do a classic combo of a nice dinner that your overdraft can’t really handle followed by a cringeworthy trip to see the new Fifty Shades film. If not, this is the one day of the year people who spend every weekend at home seeing their bit from sixthform suddenly seem like they have more going on than you.

Previously content with occasionally banging Tinder matches, pulling a spice at Pams on a Wednesday, and spending Saturday nights in bed with a tub of Ben & Jerry’s, you may have suddenly had an existential crisis about your sad state of single-dom. To give you the maximum chance to desperately pull someone on the nights that surround the big day and quell your loneliness, the Tab UWE brings you an eclectic mix of potential love-themed nights out so you can meet your new bae:

Propaganda

The Fleece, 11th February

“On Saturday the 11th we will be celebrating Valentine’s day with our one and only true love. PIZZA! We have load of pizza to giveaway to you guys and some other giveaways on the night. Nothing says Valentine’s like sharing a pizza with your other half (or whoever you find at props) so come join us and get all of the free pizza from us while we are feeling generous!”

Check out their Facebook page here, if you’re into the idea of pizza followed by possible sex then it isn’t one to miss.

Cult

The Love Inn, 13th February

“Join us for Valentine’s special with Djs playing all your favorite rnb bangers xo”

The Love Inn seems like an appropriate place to be this time of year, check them out here.

Oiboy, The Doghouse, 13th February, £1 OTD

“AS VALENTINES IS THE NAUGHTIEST EVENT OF THE YEAR WE’VE DECIDED TO CELEBRATE IT IN AN EROTIC FASHION. ON THE 13TH OF FEBRUARY, WE HAVE DECIDED TO CHUCK AN OIBOY VALENTINES NIGHT AT THE DOGHOUSE IN BRISTOL. P P P PICK UP A PENGTING!”

It’s got erotic in the name why haven’t you bought a ticket.

Ice Cream Club

The Love Inn, 15th February

“Last month we hit up the Love Inn with great success, with the ice cream and tunes flowing! This time we look forward to bringing you another mid-week party at the Love Inn, in celebration of love, or lack of love!”

Ice Cream Club is the best night on the list and choc full of hotties so make sure you’re there, look them up here.

Blind Date

UWE Students Union, Glenside Campus, 14th of February.

Hosted by “Award Winning Drag Queen Boo Gatti”, as part of UWE SU’s SHAG week, Glenside SU is hosting a ‘Blind Date’ event.

“Have the fabulous Boo Gatti match you up with the future love of your life in our very own Blind Date show! Doors open at 6pm. The application is on the event page.”

‘SHAG’ stands for sexual health and guidance so it won’t be happening that easily, but if it does it will be safe. Look it up here.

Dazed

‘We thought we’d bring down a guest that represents everything Valentine’s Day is about, Sweet Female Attitude. They’ll be performing their single “Flowers” and a couple of other UKG classics.’

Dazed is one of the best regular nights in Bristol so hit up their event page here.