Why city centre accommodation will always be the better living option

Who even lives on campus?

City centre accommodation is the best choice. That’s a fact. When choosing to live in city centre accommodation, you’re signing up for possibly the best year of your life. There’s an array of different character on every floor and as cringe as it is, you find yourself as a person along with some of the best friends you’ll cherish forever. Sure, it costs more, it smells of weed 99 per cent of the time making family visits that little extra bit awkward and your extremely small box room may put you on the verge of tears every other day, but if you had the chance would you really swap it and become a Frenchay nobhead? Nope, didn’t think so.

Marketgate lovin’

Oh, and don’t forget the practicalities of city centre accommodation either. Running for one of the laziest students to make it into second semester, having everything I need on my doorstep has massively satisfied my need to stay in bed for up to 18 hours at a time (potentially a world record?).

Only a leisurely 5 minute walk to St. Nicks

Being now six months in, I couldn’t imagine living anywhere else and especially not on Frenchay. Why would you want to live there? There’s no character and, with some exceptions, everyone is merely the same person. You all go to SWX and we sometimes catch you at the odd Wide Eyes event, looking extremely awkward waiting for that Craig David or Justin Bieber song to be dropped by a DJ you’ve never even heard of – it’s not going to happen for the record. From seeing people’s Snapchat who reside on Frenchay, it looks like they never leave and when they do, it’s a pretty big deal to them. Yes, just to let you know there’s more to Bristol than that shitty retail park with your 24hr Asda and McDonalds.

An even bigger point to think about is, can you imagine having to get a bus back from Lakota when it’s 6am Sunday morning, you’re designated carer for your flatmate who’s boshed too many vals, and to top it off you’ve got work in 4 hours? Just not practical and sure to end in tears which will lead you to believe it’s alright to give yourself Monday off uni, again. City centre accommodation never fails, with Lakota amongst so many other wonderfully revolting clubs approximately a 10 minute walk away.

Yeah babe luv it X

The 24hr security team at Frenchay are another annoying reminder why you never opted to live there. Why do you need that when you’re trying to throw the best after session of 2016? There’s nothing worse than a burly bloke rocking up at your flat door at 7am when you’re mid nos balloon. Bending the rules is the most fun you can have in any halls, and it’s far easier in the city centre than on that joke they call Frenchay.

No one’s shutting down this party

Realistically the people of Frenchay are a class below the rest of us: they’re the SWX loving, SU Tuesday going, family friendly bunch that will always aspire to be us. However, when they do venture into our territory, they stick out like a sore thumb.