‘It’s about listening to your mates’: Meet the Trent students campaigning for mental health awareness

They will be on campus next week

Don’t Let the Pin Drop is a campaign ran by Trent students who want to get students to help their friends who are suffering with mental health issues. They want to educate everyone on the symptoms and the services available so people know how to help someone who is suffering from depression or anxiety.

Kirti Mistry, a final year student studying Health and Social Care, told The Tab: “Our campaign is about raising awareness for students who may be suffering from depression and anxiety. It’s about listening to your mates, because we know university for students can be daunting.

“We have set this campaign for people to feel like they can open up about their mental health. There will be an activity, freebies and prizes so please to come our campaign and support us!”

The campaigns are running in Clifton on 20th March and in City on 23rd where there are prizes to be won as well as  a photobooth in collaboration with Btrue2u on the City date.