10 things you should know before going to Trent

During the day, the city is littered with people holding yellow Luvyababes bags. During the night, the city is littered with grown up boys wearing nappies.

1) Chunky chicken is a blessing and a sin

When you’re drunk, there’s nothing better than that greasy goodness. But the next day? The stomach ache rivals your hangover.

2) Societies are superb
Everyone says that you should ‘JOIN A SOCIETY!’ wherever you go at uni. But the NTSU range of societies is ridiculous, and caters to literally each and every taste and interest.

3) Everything is uphill
Walking to accommodation? Uphill. Walking to the city centre? Uphill. Leg day is every day.

4) Student union pres are the best
Discounted club tickets and cheap drinks is the best, beats trying to get a vibe going in the flat kitchen that probably hasn’t been cleaned in days.

5) All roads lead… Back to where you came from?
Everywhere in Nottingham’s city centre somehow links back to each other really easily. So if you’re lost, never fear (I learnt this after taking half an hour to get back home from Pryzm during freshers).

6) Ocean Wednesday is sacred

7) Trams make life 10x easier
A student return is £2.50, and it smoothly takes you all around Nottingham. You truly feel like you’re in the big city when you hop on one of these bad boys.

8) Coffee stops never stop
Never fear, no matter where you’re going there’s a coffee place to fulfil your cravings/budget. Costa, Starbucks, and the Taste chains are there to help you get through that 9am lecture.

9) Robin Hood references are dotted all around
Maid Marian Way, the statue, the memorabilia shop, Sherwood Forest… wait that’s a real place.

10) T-R-E-N-T WE ARE THE TRENT ARMY…
…Gets very annoying post freshers. No matter HOW catchy it is.