Brighton Bites: Here are the best authentic Asian restaurants in Brighton

Put down your phone and visit these places

If you have a craving for soy or a lust for chicken balls you would probably call up the local takeaway to provide you with your fix. However, there is nothing better than getting out of the house and sampling some of the finest Asian food in Brighton.

We compiled a list of our favourite spots that you can go out for that authentic Asian experience.

Full House Chinese Cuisine

Have you ever tried a Chinese hot pot? If not, you have to try the Chinese hot pot buffet in Full House Cuisine. The Chinese hot pot is a popular dish throughout China. Usually, there is a metal pot in the middle of a table surrounded by a variety of vegetables, meat and noodles. First, you choose the soup (spicy, not spicy or half spicy) for your hot pot, then you order any kind of meat, vegetables and noodles you like. When the soup is boiling, you just need to put whatever you like into the pot and enjoy them dipping with some sauce when they are done.

First, you choose the soup (spicy, not spicy or half spicy) for your hot pot, then you order any kind of meat, vegetables and noodles you like. When the soup is boiling, you just put whatever you like into the pot and flavour with sauce to your heart’s content.

Oshio Japanese and Korean restaurant

The owner and head chef of Oshio is from Korea, meaning the Korean food here mirrors what you would have over there. Korean fried chicken (Yangnyeom Chicken) is a must try. It has a really crunchy outside, wrapped in Korean Yangnyeom sauce which is spicy, sweet and sour. They also serve some really good Japanese food too.

Geomon Ramen Bar

There are many choices for different kinds of ramen in Geomon Ramen Bar. They also serve vegetarian and vegan ramen. Tonkotsu Ramen and soy milk ramen are both highly recommended  The soup is really special — thick and delicious. The Japanese dumplings and green tea ice cream is particularly authentic and tasty too.

China China

In China China, you can try some authentic Dim Sum which is popular in Southern China. People who live in the south of China always have Dim Sum with their family on weekends as brunch. There are some must try traditional dishes such as shrimp dumplings, Siu Mai, spring rolls, and rice noodle rolls.

Pho Brighton

If you want some authentic Vietnamese food, Pho is a good choice in Brighton. Vietnamese bun, pictured here, includes some warm rice noodles at the bottom with a chili wok-fried topping. It is also served with fresh herbs, beansprouts, veggie spring roll and peanuts. This is a perfect dish for summer.

TEAlicious Bar

TEAlicious Bar on Queens Road provides you with the most authentic delicious Chinese street food. Pictured is Jianbing, Chinese version of savoury crisp-fried crepes. The wrap is made of wheat, mung bean flour and egg. Inside the wrap, there are crunchy puffed strips of fried wonton wrap, peppery scallions, cilantro and tangy pickles with hoisin and chili sauces. The flavour (salty, sweet and spicy) and texture (soft and crunchy) is really interesting and special. The Chinese Bubble Tea is definitely also worth a try.