Everything happening in Brighton on St Patrick’s Day

The ultimate guide to events on the booziest day of the year

Hide Images

St Patrick’s Day is just around the corner and as one of the few days in the year that drinking from 10am is acceptable, we’ve brought you a list of everything happening in Brighton on March 17th.

Dust off the fancy dress, get a pint of Guiness in each hand and prepare for a raucous day in the pubs and on the streets.

Start off with a day sesh at …

JW Lennon’s

Kick the festivities off with cheap pints and good craic at Irish-American pub in Kemptown. It won’t be a dressing up, fluffy hat, face painting affair, just some good old Irish folk music to see the evening out.

The Globe

Our favourite student bar will be open from 4pm serving traditional Irish roasts washed down with reasonably priced Guinness and Bailey’s which will keep flowing until the early hours of the morning.

Begin to get rowdy at …

Molly Malone’s

West Street’s infamous Irish pub will be in full traditional swing with the party starting at midday and continuing through until 4am. In their own words, there will be “copious amounts of live music, beer and great craic”. There will be Irish dancers and face painters from 5pm and it is advised that you get down there early to avoid missing out on the session. Keep an eye on their Facebook event where they will be running a competition for a £100 bar tab.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDG22y2EC0r/?taken-at=9302560

Become convinced you are a leprechaun at …

Lola Lo’s

Keep the night going by getting down to Lola Lo’s for Guinness based drinks. Dig out your most ridiculous, greenest outfit accessorised with the fluffiest leprechaun outfit to be in with a chance of winning the £100 bar tab on offer for the best dressed group.

Carry on through the weekend at …

The Fiddler’s Elbow

Can’t wait for the 17th to party in the name of Paddy? Get yourself to The Fiddler’s Elbow a day early to immerse yourself in their annual five day street party. The live music, Irish dancing and face painting will rage on until the evening on Monday 20th with the cheapest pints of Guinness in Brighton flowing all weekend. Certainly not something to be missed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNRtElyg7el/?taken-at=726040

Do something good at …

The Rose Hill

Fallopian Tunes is a platform for women that came out of Dublin in 2011 as a response to the underrepresentation of women in music and since then has evolved and features women in all areas of performance. Fallopian Tunes will be holding a St Paddy’s Day fundraiser gig at The Rose Hill for Irish Abortion Rights. Abortion is currently illegal in Ireland and thousands of women are having to leave the country and risk their lives to have abortions and face the penalty of 14 years in prison. All proceeds from the event will go to the Irish Abortion Rights campaign. The Abortion Rights Fundraiser aims to bring together people in Brighton and beyond to call for the Repeal of the 8th Amendment from the Irish constitution.

Something a little different …

Lucky Voice Karaoke Bar

Brush up on your Sinead O’Connor accent and book a private karaoke booth with your friends at the Lucky Voice. They have themed props and an Irish playlist and a free round of baby Guinness shots for pre-booked rooms using the code PATRICK17. Keep the cocktails flowing from the bar and pretend you know the words to the part of Galway Girl that aren’t ‘ay-i-ay-i-ay’.