Exams to start one hour later than timetabled due to rail strikes

An extra hour to revise, or sleep?

This afternoon Sussex students were notified that upcoming exams have been rescheduled due to Southern Rail’s strikes due to take place next week.

Exams between 9th and 14th January will now start one hour later than originally timetabled.

The email read: “Because of rail strikes next week, the University has made adjustments to the exam schedule for that week to give Sussex students more time to get to campus for their exams.”

It continued: “The start times of all exams to be held from Monday 9th January to Saturday 14th January will now be one hour later than originally timetabled.”

“If you have any exams scheduled for the week beginning Monday 9th January, please log in to Sussex Direct to see your amended exam timetable. It is important that you check this, as a small number of assessments have not moved.

“For those travelling by train, Southern Rail have advised passengers to travel by train “only if essential” on the strike days of Tuesday 10th, Wednesday 12th and Friday 13th January. Disruptions may be caused by an ongoing overtime ban on other days.”