Sussex grads stun their wedding guests with ‘unique’ first dance

They met in Breakdancing Society and have been together ever since

When Ben and Jasmin Barnicoat needed to pick a song for their first dance, they knew the typical romantic, soppy slow-dance just wouldn’t do.

Having met each other in the University of Sussex breakdancing society, the couple decided to choreograph a banger of a first dance, complete with flips and spins.

The newlyweds, who graduated from Sussex in 2010, took to the dancefloor and surprised their guests with a routine set to Uptown Funk.

Speaking to the West Sussex Gazette, Jasmin, who works for East Sussex County council, said: “We really wanted something that reflected our personalities and something that was unique and ‘us’.

“We both met through the Breakdancing Society at the University of Sussex so we knew we wanted to incorporate that in our wedding somehow and it just seemed like a brilliant way to this.

“Our friends and family have not been able to see us perform so it was a really nice opportunity for them to see what brought us together.”

Although the couple haven’t danced together in public since 2010, Jasmin found keeping the routine a secret until the last minute was the hardest part of the dance.

The dance has recieved over 7,000 Youtube views in less than a week, and has been spotted by ITV and The Mirror.