Which is Sunderland’s best Wetherspoons?

The Lambton Worm, The Cooper Rose or The William Jameson: Cast your vote

Wetherspoons has become one of the most loved pub chains of Britian and is probably one of best thing to come out of England, thank you Mr Tim Martin. With cheap drink and food, being able to get a pint with your breakfast and a lively atmosphere what’s not to love about Wetherspoons?

https://www.instagram.com/p/1aewmxk0cH/?taken-at=273416665

With three Wetherspoons in Sunderland City Centre alone need the question be asked does Sunderland love Wetherspoons, YES we do, a lot. We live for a pint of lager for under £2 before 9am.

The Lambton Worm, The Cooper Rose and William Jameson, Sunderland City Centre’s three Wetherspoons however each one very different for it’s own reasons.

The Lambton Worm

This one is my favourite of the three and always prefer this one than the other two. The atmosphere is always proper chill here not like the William Jameson where you’d probably risk your life if you much as bumped into someone. It’s the quieter out of the three which is perfect when you want to enjoy a night with your mates and be able to hear each other across the table. They have recently launched a magic blue gin that when tonic is added to it the drink changes to pink, it’s pretty damn amazing. Having a travel lodge attached to it means even if you get too smashed just take a kip next door. The toilets in here are a major concern they feel about three miles from the bar and all climbing all those stairs feels like a mountain when you’ve had a few too many voddy’s.

Kathryn Miller added: “The Lambton Worm is the perfect mix between a pub and a Wetherspoons with no music and less old men and teens. The space feels comfortable and it’s not too big or small. I feel like the staff are more relaxed and friendly there too.”

The Cooper Rose

This one is a nice chilled place to eat throughout the day however if you’re wanting to sit down for a nice bit of grub then I suggest elsewhere as it starts to liven up on a night time with loud music and people out on the lash looking to have good night out on a weekend. You also won’t be able to hear yourself think never mind have a conversation.

Out of the three this place is best for pre drinks for a night out to get you in the party mood. Fridays the party covers two floors with the DJ playing cheese/dance charts and pop/house and R n B on a Saturday. Mondays are also a good night out at The Cooper Rose as they host a pub quiz each week which is free to enter. I recommend getting a pitcher so you can stay on the dance floor for  longer without having to keep going up and down to the bar and past the geezer that keeps eyeing you up.

The William Jameson

Very risky business choosing the William Jameson for something to eat or a few pints. From the moment you’re stood outside and there’s a few questionable people hanging about slurring their words rolling a tab you know it i’ll only get worse when you get inside. I’d argue it’s the most rowdy of the three and most common for a brawl.

Most of William Jameson’s are regulars of an older generation and if you dare sit in their usual seat then you’re in for an earful I’m afraid. They’ve recently getting a dartboard in the pub although i’m not sure how wise that will be when a drunken Jack is throwing his weigh about at George. To sum the place up it’s basically the pub version of Jeremy Kyle. However each to their own.

I must stress, if you want to keep your sanity then avoid all three Wetherspoons on derby day because it’s absolute bedlam.

So now I’ve had my say, it’s time for you to vote for your favourite Sunderland Wetherspoons.