The Empire, Coventry is the best worst university club around

What do you mean you’ve never been out on a Wednesday?

Whether you’re at The Empire , Coventry for De Ja Vu Mondays, CUSU Wednesday’s or to see your favorite performers at the weekend (some indie group you’ve never heard of but your flatmate swears it’s his favorite band) you’re guaranteed to have the time of your life.

Packed with £1 Jägers , bowls of VK’s and the occasional 50p Desperados , you won’t find sober soul within the four grotty walls.

Still, every couple of weeks your mates will go through the routine of rolling their eyes at the mention of Empire this Wednesday, knowing full well they’ll be sprawled across the red sofas outside the bathrooms come early hours of Thursday morning, or even worse… in full army gear (thanks, social secs).

Conveniently located on the doorstep of the biggest student accommodation – you’re welcome freshers! For just £5, or free if you’re a super fan and actually have an empire card hidden in the depths of your wallet , you will be greeted by a one-hour queue in the freezing cold followed by a fight to get to the front of the bar. However you wouldn’t change it for the world and whether you’re on the dance floor all night or prefer the super slippery upstairs bar, one thing is for certain, you’ll be back every week grinding to the shittest remix of Oasis’ wonder wall until those blinding lights switch back on.

Let’s not forget the heroes in Kebab Rush, literally next door, staying open until the early morning to cater to your drunken dirty burger needs. If you’ve never thrown up on Far Gosford Street , either on your way home or even to the club you’re not a true Coventry student… Or you’re just lying.

But don’t take my word for it, Just take a quick look at some of their recent Facebook reviews if you don’t believe me.

Oh and did I mention they host live professional wrestling and kamikaze pro championships, an obvious choice for a Friday night. Right?

I challenge anyone to find me a student club with a more diverse audience and and performers; from The Primitive (who?) to Tim Westwood and everything in between, Empire has seen it all and the students of Coventry have been there every step of the way for all of the best and worst nights.

Tweet us your best or worst Empire stories and photos at @thetabcoventry.