This is what bars in Glasgow are doing for freshers’

85p vodkas and all the Mad Scientist shots you can handle

Freshers kicks off this week and these Glasgow bars are ready to keep the drinks flowing all night.

Driftwood

Located on one of Glasgow’s best nightlife spots, Sauchiehall Street, Driftwood has all of your fresher needs covered. An old faithful when it comes to pre-drinks as the drink list features 85p vodkas, pints of Fosters for £1.20, as well as shots for £1 from Monday to Thursday.

The Tab spoke to Johnny,  the manager of Driftwood about what the bar has planned for freshers’: “We have DJ’s playing 5 nights a week and are holding a quiz night on Tuesday nights with the chance to win £50 and VIP entry into the Garage as well as a £25 bar tab for the club too.” If that wasn’t enough the bar has vodka mixers for £1.50 from Friday to Sunday.

Tingle

The home of every shot imaginable is the top pre-club destination this freshers. The drinks menu boasts an impressive 36 shots, all for £1.50, to get your night off to a messy start.

Sarah, a Primary Teaching second year will be heading to Tingle this week and said: “Tingle is the best for freshers’ as it’s dirt cheap and they have loads of different shots. “This week they will be offering free nachos and pizzas as well as DJ sets every night. There are also free passes for Kokomo, Kushion, and Bamboo available from the bar and the PR team will be handing out free goody bags. Tingle hosts pre-parties for some of the popular student club nights so if knocking back a couple of Mad Scientist shots (Tequila, Absinthe, Sambuca & tabasco sauce) to impress your new flatmates hasn’t burst you, then you can finish off your night at Kokomo, Kushion and Bamboo.

Bunker

Bunker is right in the middle of busy Bath Street making it the perfect place to begin the night.

The bar has everything freshers need for pre’s: a promo list of 55 drinks all for £1.80, pool table, a packed cocktail list for keeping it classy, and DJ’s playing all the latest music til late on Friday and Saturday night. Caitlin, a History second year at Strathclyde and avid Bunker goer said:”We booked a booth at Bunker and it was a great place to spend the night, the music was really good and I loved the cocktails.”

Firewater

The go to venue for all you indie music needs this freshers’ week. Firewater has budget friendly promos including 89p vodkas and slush cocktails as well as great student nights running most nights of the week.

The student nights play Indie, Motown, and Brit-pop music so there’s something for everyone. I bet that you look good on the dance floor. History student, Lara told us that she’ll be heading to Firewater this Freshers because:  “It’s cheap and I canny say no to a 89p vod“.

Revolution

Revolution bar makes a great place for pre-drinks during Freshers with 30 flavours of vodka shots to get your night off to a good start as well as all the cocktails and pitchers that you can spend saas on. Geography third year, Martin, said: “It’s a good place to go during Freshers Week because it’s a bar with a good atmosphere, nice drinks and it’s not too expensive.” If that wasn’t enough pizzas and bar snacks are available all night for when the munchies hit.