Scotland’s first cereal café to open in Glasgow

There’s over 50 kinds

| UPDATED black milk cereal cafe glasgow hipsters strathclyde trendy

Trendy hipsters Black Milk Cereal are set to open a chic cereal bar in Glasgow next year, following a craze across the country.

The edgy café mixes the wonders of breakfast with dessert and comes to Glasgow following huge success in Manchester and London hangouts like Shoreditch and Brick Lane.

Sundaes with hundreds of toppings, flavoured milks, warm brownies and every type of cereal you could possibly imagine feature on the colourful menu.

Trend-setters can mix sweet and savoury types in your bowl with hundreds of imported treats from the US and Europe.

Creative Director Oliver Lloyd-Taylor told STV News: “We are thinking of coming to Glasgow. We think it has quite a similar vibe to Manchester and we’re looking into Argyle Street.

“Edinburgh is also another base we’re looking at. We’ve been talking about moving to Glasgow before Christmas this year, but realistically it’s going to be after.

“I first had the idea to launch a milk bar with all the products based around milk, like shakes, smoothies and cakes – then we decided to evolve it.”

Customers can now even demolish breakfast bowls made entirely from milk or white chocolate.

http://twitter.com/tashaconnolly2/status/631553474363269120?lang=en

Black Milk are taking suggestions on Twitter about the best areas in Glasgow to get started, with the most popular destinations Dennistoun, Finneston and The Merchant City – great news for Strathclyder’s.

The Tab asked local students to see if Black Milk could be a Strathy staple next year.

Kirsty, a first year studying French said: “It sounds amazing. All the different chocolatey toppings are right up my street. I can’t wait to visit. ”

Sarah, Law third year, said: “I would probably go once or twice to try it but it’s not something I would do regularly.

“I heard about the same kind of thing in Shoreditch in London, which is meant to be successful, but really expensive.”

Prices range from £1.90 for a single  bowl to £3.90 for a ‘slider’ which includes three separate cereals bowls, toppings, sauces and milk.

Yum