Tab poll results: Nearly half of Stirling are voting for the SNP

And nobody likes the Lib Dems

Nearly half of Stirling students are voting for the SNP in tomorrow’s general election, according to a Tab poll.

45 per cent of you are backing Nicola Sturgeon’s party, making them the most popular choice with Stirling students.

The SNP also have the backing of the rest of Stirling, with the Electoral Calculus predicting a landslide win for the nationalist party in the seat currently held by Labour.

Labour lag behind in second place in our Tab poll with 20 per cent of the vote, while the Tories are a distant and unsurprising fourth place with just nine per cent.

Pipping David Cameron and company into third are the Green Party, who received backing from 12 per cent of you.

At the other end of the scale, UKIP attracted votes from only three per cent of you, one percent less than the number of students voting for the Liberal Democrats.

Four per cent of students are planning to use their democratic right to exercise apathy and not vote for anyone at all, while another four per cent say they still haven’t made their mind up over who to vote for.