Ex-Stirling accountancy lecturer-turned-cult leader faces prison after sex attacks

Walter Masocha claimed his victim had demons in her pants

accountancy lecturer sexual assault sexual harassment Stirling Uni

A former Stirling lecturer has been found guilty of molesting members of his cult including an underage girl.

Ex-Accountancy lecturer Walter Masocha has been ordered onto the Sex Offenders’ Register after a six day trial.

Self-styled preacher Masocha, 51, was found guilty of committing sex offences, after he claimed God spoke to him through a “cloud” which appeared in Room 12 at the Balcomie Links Hotel.

Walter Masocha

The court heard how self-proclaimed cult archbishop Masocha groped a 32-year-old deaconess while “praying” for her and put his hand down the trousers of a 15-year-old schoolgirl, claiming he was trying to remove ants or demons from her pants.

And the mother-of-four Deaconess was similarly told Masocha had been “trying to remove ‘something’ from her genitals”.

Providing evidence to the court via video, the schoolgirl, now 16, said: “He waved me over.

“He placed his hand round my lower back, and moved his hand down until he got to my underwear, and he sort of pinged my underwear.

“He repeatedly pinged my underwear, ran his hand down my bottom, and grabbed and pinched my bottom.”

The girl said she felt violated and later asked Masocha why he had done it.

She added: “He replied he had seen ‘demons and things that shouldn’t be there’ in her pants and he was clearing them away.”

Zimbabwean-born Masocha quit work as a lecturer in Accounting at Stirling to start a cult, named the Agape For All Nations Church, which quickly grew from the living room of his seven bedroom mansion to over 2000 members across three continents.

The Agape Church, a registered charity in Scotland, lined its pockets with more than £3.3 million from followers in just four years.

The Tab has reached out to the University for comment.