Blundering uni officials apologise over Geddes rent row

I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed

accommodation campus flats halls rent Stirling Uni students

Repentant uni officials have apologised to anyone affected by campus construction work in the latest development in the Geddes rent row. 

A university spokesperson explained work was expected to be completed by “the evening of Tuesday 31 March” and said the university would be “exploring an alternative method of work to further minimise disruption”.

Geddes students started an online petition after feeling they were being mistreated by the University

A spokesperson told the Tab: “As part of the university’s residences redevelopment project which aims to further enhance the student experience, short-term tree removal and bat exclusion work is underway around Geddes Court”.

“The University aimed to ensure students were aware of this work via information included in occupancy agreements, and to minimise disruption where possible.

“Estates and Campus Services and Accommodation Services would like to sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.”

The apology comes after heavy construction work prompted Geddes students to start an online petition demanding to receive a rent refund following a week of noise and disruption “hampering” their student experience.

The petition, which can be found on change.org, has already been signed by 234 supporters.