Rush for accommodation causes applications website to crash

You had one job guys

accommodation Beech court campus Stirling Uni students willow court

Accommodation services had to shut down their applications website this morning after an unprecedented number of students rushed to apply. 

The online application process opened at 9am this morning, but was quickly overwhelmed and forced to shut down following “technical difficulties.”

Error 502: We’re just messing with you

A statement on the university website said: “We regret to advise that due to technical difficulties, online applications for returning students applying for accommodation for 2015/16 are currently unavailable.

“Staff are working to resolve the issue as a matter of urgency. Students will be notified by email when applications reopen.”

I bet you’re not even connected to eduroam yet are you?

Jack Wilson, an affected student, has described the application process as “truly terribly organised”.

“As a student that does not have an unlimited budget for my accommodation there were only a few halls that I am able to apply for due to the fact that accommodation is fairly expensive.”

Accommodation services often struggle to cope with the high demand for applications, but this year some university accommodation places are more competitive than ever, with many students being priced out of the palatial halls of Willow and Beech Court.

Stirling has replaced its modest accommodation with new high priced halls such as Willow and Beech court.

After this morning’s debacle, pressure is growing for the university to update its application system following years of technical issues with the prehistoric set-up, particularly as student numbers are set to increase over the coming years.