If you share this article, the Tab will rent us a hot tub

I need 50,000 shares in order to rent a hot tub for the end of term. Help us out?

*The greatest people you will ever meet*

–Janice & Ian, Mean Girls

Every day, you might hear passive aggressive statements made regarding flatmates from your friends, course-mates, Yik Yak, whatever. A lot of the time I get the impression that everyone kind of hates their flatmates, but unfortunately,  I cannot identify with this problem at all. This is because my flatmates and I are genuinely a little bit obsessed with ourselves.

This is us in our first ever flat selfie (flelfie- more on that later). We live in a great beach themed flat in St Andrews, and because we live pretty centrally, we consider ourselves the hub of the social scene here.

Okay, so maybe that’s not true. But in general, we do some pretty quirky things. These include our constant updates to the whiteboard that lives in our kitchen.

Guide to celebrity spotting during Dunhill Links Championship

Raisin Rules

As a flat, we have two conversation defaults, relationships and how great we are. If we do speak about anything else we’re doing, we like to add ‘fl’ at the start of the word to immediately make it more fun. For example, our ‘flumber flarty’ , ‘flumpling flaking flarty’ , ‘flove’ or ‘FLUG!’ (A hug in which everyone runs to be part of and happens after periods of long seperation).

We even have a flat twitter, which we use to broadcast to the world just how hilarious we are. (@106sAys)

We even wrote to the queen inviting her to join us on her birthday.

Anyway, that’s a bit of context. Let’s get to the crux of this article. Back in September when we moved in, we all kind of had a dream to get a hot tub to put on our (heavily contested naming of) verandah (flerandah). None of us really had the money, but we did elude to starting several businesses in aid of the cause.

I’ve always written for The Tab, with limited success, since my first year. However, a few weeks ago I wrote an article about being friends with Northern Irish people (see here https://thetab.com/uk/stand/2016/04/01/not-easy-friends-northern-irish-folk-17251) which sort of, went viral. It got over 40,000 hits. I had an email from tab national stating that as I got over 1000 shares, I would get £35.

However, they also said I would get money according to each landmark share. 5000 is £70 etc. Seems pretty small (and more like money for a bucket rather than hot tub). But..if I get 50,000 shares…I get £750.

£750 will rent me a Muskoka for our final 2 weeks in St Andrews after exams from Fife hot tub hire.

I’m sure you’ve put two and two together. A flat hot tub is our dream since day 1. And now we have an opportunity to make that dream a reality. Two of my flatmates are graduating, and I really want to achieve this as a sort of ‘goodbye’ present for them. And, because hot tubs are fun. So I’m sort of pleading with you, please share this article. You will make us the happiest people alive. Flappy. Flecstatic. Flover the Floon. We’ll update you on progress on the flitter?

*Quick, do a pose that describes you*

Look at us! The only thing missing from these adorable pictures is a hot tub and some flampagne.