Top things to do this week

Revision week doesn’t have to be stressful

Denial via Christmas decoration, Monday-Tuesday

There’s no way you can be your most productive self until you get the vibe of your study space just right. Solve this common revision pitfall by turning your house into Santa’s Grotto. Think of all the potential for Christmas cheer- sure to keep you thinking positive in the days of revision to come. So, get the whole flat in on it. Play Michael Buble’s christmas album to your heart’s content and hide the books away for a day or so.

Ah, perfect, so calming

Distract yourself with Charities Christmas Fayre, Wednesday

If the decoration of the previous days gets too intense, take a break and head to the Charities Christmas Fayre for candies, mince pies, and mulled wine.

Battle it out for a seat in the library, Friday

After walking around the library for 20 minutes looking for a seat, its ok to give up. Everyone who’s already sitting down has seen you walk around 5 times and you can’t face walking past a sixth. Head home and swear to a quiet day of study in your grotto.

After watching Elf, Love Actually, and It’s a Wonderful Life instead, it will probably be dark out. Once it’s dark out, the day’s basically over and there’s no more you can do. A cup of tea and time for bed… but not before double checking if anyone wants to join you for a couple episodes of Friends.

Panic, Saturday

After yesterday’s bitter defeat, decide its finally time to head to the library early.  You’ll set the alarm for 8:00 yet somehow only make it out of the house for 11:00. Take the last available seat in that spot you hate out of desperation. Enjoy that burst of productivity you only get when driven purely by fear. Break only for coffee.

Later that afternoon, try and bring together a study group but end up getting infinitely more confused and resort to comforting each other for a couple hours before getting kicked out of your study room by the next group of weary-eyed, panicked people.

Come to terms with your imminent failure, Sunday

Hey, at this point what will be, will be. It’s not like you didn’t give it your all yesterday. You were super productive! Reward yourself with a day off.